About VTU

My photo
Voyage to Utopia is an annual Fashion Show produced by Marymount University's African Caribbean Student Association (ACSA), Black Student Alliance (BSA), and Latino Student Association (LSA). It's aim is to showcase both the modern and traditional fashions of Caribbean, African, and Latino cultures. The production is 100% student led and provides a platform to introduce designers within the university community and surrounding areas. This years show will take the audience from their seats into colorful stories yet to be told through fashion. What's your story?

Friday, December 31, 2010

Acid Reign

I left Jordan last week to come to Panama to spend the holidays with my family that lives here.
Over the course of my stay I have eaten amazing food, met people who swear up and down they used to change my diaper, and explored this beautiful country that I am not an official citizen of (thanks to a few trips into the city and lots of paperwork).

But there is one thing in particular that I have noticed.

The jean design of choice seems to be Acid Wash!!!
Mind you I am not a strong fan of acid washed denim but here it seems to be necessary no matter what age.

I have seen just about every kind of acid wash jean that could possibly exist including but not limited so degrees of bleached intensity, various denim shades, patterns, capri, skinny, boot cut, everything!

I guess if your a acid jean fan Panama is the place for you these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment